Sunday, August 12, 2012

GREAT WEEKEND

Hi Everyone!
I hope that you all had a great weekend!  I went to my first major league baseball game.  Even though the Indians have played 25 minutes from my house for most of my life, I prefer to watch on tv.  That way I don't feel like I have been ripped off on parking and everything else that goes with it.  But I must say, I had a really good time. They were playing Boston, who at least win once in a while, and since the last time the Tribe broke my heart with the 7th game of the Series, I have not let myself be too invested in them anymore.  The Cleveland teams are cursed... the get right to the point of a championship.. if they are even that lucky, and they blow it.  I like baseball best, because I like the game.. truthfully I didn't care who won. And the Indians didn't disappoint... they lost.

As always, I knitted in public

baseball quilt
And I decided to finally christen a baseball quilt I made 15 years ago.. It is a small quilt, lap size, and it was perfect for what turned out to be a chilly night, and came in handy when it rained for 5 minutes, and I didn't think to grab a jacket on the way out of the house.
614823_3663437260591_536985371_o
Another happy part of this weekend, is my daughter graduated from Basic Training and now is an Airman.  I don't know how she ended up in band flight as she never played an instrument.  But they won top PT honors, so they are tough band geeks I guess.  I'm very proud of her.  She has had a couple of disappointments in the last year that were out of her control, but instead of wallowing, she picked herself up and worked very hard to get into the Air Force.  She lost over 60 pounds and worked out every day for months.  She is a little older, has college, and will go in at a higher rank after further training.  I'm very proud of her.  She is another in a long line of our family that chose to serve her country during wartime.  That fact will just encourage me to double down on my efforts to find her a new boss.

So I hope that you all had a great weekend, and that you are enjoying the weather as summer is winding down.  I am almost finished knitting a sweater, and I am searching out enough yarn for another.  It is hard to find enough of this one color that I want, but I will keep trying. 

Happy Monday!!!
Teri

2 comments:

Brendacious said...

It's inspiring to see Jackie graduate and I know her Uncle Lowell is proud of her. I am, too!

Note on the game experience: you grabbed a quilt and "didn't think to grab a jacket on the way out of the house." Now that's a quilter's mindset.

Love you, cousin. :)

stephmabry said...

Congratulations on your daughter's graduation! I was in a band flight when I went through Air Force basic training - when I was there, basically what they did is ask everyone who was arriving at that time if they had played an instrument. If they had, they got put in the band flights right away. If they still needed more people, they took them, and then had them play the cymbals. They usually could get enough people who had played trumpets and stuff to fill the brass spots - but there were some folks who washed into our flight (as punishment) where all they did was march around holding a trumpet and pretending to play because they didn't have enough time to learn the songs! ;)