Saturday, March 18, 2006

SEWING WITH FRIENDS

Yesterday was my Twisted Stitcher group. I love being with them. We laugh all day long. For the past two months, we have worked on a piece that we will donate to our guild's small quilt auction which is held at FAVA in Oberlin Ohio. It will be in November this year, just in time for Christmas. We spent last month working on the pinwheel blocks, all done out of cherrywood hand dyes and black, Kaye did us the honor of the applique in the center which has seven flowers, each representing a member of our group. The photo above, features Kathleen cooking lunch.. very yummy, I might add. And on the counter, the unfinished piece on my portable design wall. All of the pieces are sewn together now, and I have it at home to do the quilting.

I am currently working on 3 pieces that belong to my friend Nancy. They are 2 Chinese coin and one log cabin miniature. All are the same color.. light blue and purple batiks. I have quilted 2 and I have one more to go. I'm happy with how they have turned out.. especially the log cabin.

I was planning on going in to work today to work on protocols for Emergency Medical Services in our county. I REALLY DON'T want to go. I can' seem to move toward the door...

No comments: