Saturday, November 25, 2006

We went to Amishland today. Usually, we go down the backroads, to specific places and avoid the tourist areas (Berlin). But today I wanted to shop in town. I needed to look for a couple of gifts, and it seemed like a good place to look. I did find a couple of things for gifts, and a couple of things for me. I found a Sue Spargo Pattern for a table rug with thistles. I am going to have to reduce the pattern, because it is 72" long. I also found a pattern by Crab-apple Hill for "Summer Pears" they look like pear pincushions.. at least that's what I plan to do with them.

At Miller's Dry Goods, I FINALLY found the coffee bean fabric that I have looked for all summer. It was a brand new bolt with the plastic still on it. I also bought a couple of yards of the brown and pink plaid from the Moda "Think Pink" collection for a piece I'm working on.

I bought this big Ball Jar for my collection of two whole vintage tomato pincushions. Hopefully, there will be more in the future. The little one is kind of neat because when you pull on the strawberry, there is a retractable tape measure inside of the tomato. I like these little collections. I have a collection of thimbles, and antique irons. All small enough to be up on the wall and out of the way. I would love to have a collection of toy sewing machines, but they are unbelieveably expensive. Too bad I didn't get the urge before these people who sell them figured out there was someone who might actually want them. So, I don't have any, and I probably never will.

We had a good Thanksgiving. I went into work at 5am, came home and started dinner, took a nap, and then after we ate I started to clean up only to realize that my drains were clogged up because stupid me put potatoe peels in the garbage disposal. By that time I was dragging so much, I just went to bed. Bill fixed them all the next day. It is so nice to have a man around that is so handy. Saved us a big plumbing bill.

There are 4 movies that I want to see. But we are going to see a Christmas movie tomorrow.. can't remember the name offhand. Bill wants to stay home and do outside work. He says that the weather is going to turn cold and we have to do it before it does. I say NOT. I don't want to work all weekend after working all week. He can't stand just sitting around relaxing. It's a conundrum. Oh well, he will have to drag me off of the couch. Good Luck.

4 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

Oh, I'm so jealous. Used to go to Miller's, and Grandpa's cheesebarn over by I-70!

Hope you survived the weekend YOUR WAY!

Debra Dixon said...

My hubby will only "work" on a project one of the weekend days. The other day he wants to sit and do nothing. So, one out of two ain't bad!

Jane Ann said...

I recently bought the same Sue Spargo thistle table runner pattern! I sure don't wanna race ya on making it--it's a someday thing for me. I want to do mine in plaid taffeta and moire--blacks, purples and greens, something dressy. I just love the thistle/(Scottish) plaid combo, and I keep the concept in mind when browsing fabric. What would your interpretation be?

Rian said...

Count your blessings. I can't get my man off his butt. Especially on weekends because well, there's football. Anything with a ball and a score.