Friday, January 23, 2009

NERDS UNITE!!

It must have been an odd sight for others in the movie theater lobby when the kid behind the consession counter high fived me. He asked me what I was going to see (Slumdog Millionaire- best movie that I've seen in a LONG time) And we were talking about the Oscar nods, and he said he couldn't believe that Dark Knight was nominated. Anyway, somehow we got on the subject of science fiction, and I mentioned just coming across the short lived TV show 'FireFly"on HULU they have all 12 (I think) episodes posted, and I fell it love with the show. The consession kid got excited which merited the high five. So at least I have this one aspect of my life in common with teenage boys. I have recently thought that I must have a male dominant movie going gene.


I started a pair of worsted weight socks. I have never made them before, but I think they will knit up quickly. If anyone knows of a washable worsted/Aran weight wool yarn that has a little nylon it it, which would be good for socks, could you please email me with a brand?

I am spending the weekend in my studio, I can't wait.

2 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

What happened to the lace shawl?

Did you avoid jury duty?

Rian said...

I can't knit with two sticks--er, needles--let alone fiv! UN-believeable.