Tuesday, January 27, 2009

On Sunday, I got my two design walls up. For a couple of days, I have been wondering if I should have just gone with the one on the right. I didn't like seeing the one on the left while sitting at my machine. But today I stuck some orphan blocks up on it, trying to figure out something to make to cover my fabric shelves. I guess it will be okay.

I don't think I ever showed this quilt to you. I don't have anywhere to hold it up so you can get a full view, but this is a "Scottish Chain". At least that's what my friend told me it was called. My friend Susan made this quilt for me. It has a photo of my husband and I in the middle. One of those old tin type photos taken at a theme park just before we were married.
I just want to say how much I LOVE these 3M hooks. They are removeable, and don't leave a mark. I was going to have my husband make peg boards to hang things on. I have ended up buying a bunch of different kinds of hooks instead. I am using them for many things. Once I get more situated (clean) in here, I will take more photos..
Not much going on here. I have had my jury duty postponed for another week. Hopefully, next week will be the last. Either they want me or they don't. I'm just as glad, there is supposed to be a big snowstorm tonight.
Hoping for Spring...

1 comment:

Debra Dixon said...

That looks like a pretty easy pattern to make--I am scouting out interesting ideas for these teen quilts and I believe this one would work.

Your studio is really shaping up! I think you will like having 2 different walls. You can have two projects going and they won't compete for your design eye.