Thursday, July 23, 2009

HOW ABOUT A WEDDING ON THE BEACH?

If I was young and doing it all again, or, if I was just getting married again or renewing my vows and didn't want to go the whole formal church wedding, I would fly to Hawaii, or someplace that I didn't have to worry about it being cold and rainy and I would get married on a beach, in something loose and flowing and informal,with NO SHOES or socks. Beautiful flowers in my hair and around my neck..
I saw the perfect bouquet and boutonniere for such an occasion in the store that I buy many of my craft supplies.
Now that I think about it, I should have had one of my girls hold these for the photo. the boutonniere is in the bottom of the vase. It's a hefty little bouquet, maybe about 3 pounds. But each shell is drilled with a small hole and a wire was inserted and individually wrapped. I really liked this. I don't know if I would go to the trouble to make something like this, but I might, for the right person. But I just thought it was really unique, and I wish I had a reason to make one.

I saw a guild friend at the Walmart Superstore today. She asked me what I was doing there with my daughter getting married in two days. She commented on how little I was getting food-wise.. I told her that I didn't need much any more with everyone leaving.. I should have told her that I'm wedding poor! Not really, but I'm proud to say I don't have any bills out there that are going to hang over my head for several months or years! But I just can't bring myself to spend another cent for this wedding. And I have definitely reached the wedding saturation point where if it isn't done now, I don't give a crap. Sorry about the word.. but that is the point I am at right now.

Still raining and cold... mid sixties.. end of July.

4 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

Oh I so agree with you .... I love the beach. We eloped in the dead of winter and renewed our vows in winter. In my next life I'm getting married in the heat of summer on the beach. LOL

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

A beach wedding sounds nice.

Rian said...

I got married once on the beach in summer. No shoes. It was in the 1970s. Didn't last, but it was a fun wedding.

Mid-60s is what it is here. But it's always cold here in summer.

dee said...

I'm with ou. We got married in the first few days of Feb. My son's getting married the first week of Sept. one year from now. Hopefully much better. Sept. here is usually lovely. Fingers crossed.
Hope that all goes well and you can relax and enjoy the day. Deep breath...