Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A FEW DAYS AGO

A few days ago, I was excited about showing you this church. So I uploaded the photos, and I thought that I would come back. I didn't, and now I don't know if it is such a big deal anymore. I'll explain. My friend K and I drove over an hour to attend a long arm quilting club meeting in this cavernous church. Once I put two and two together, I realized that the Parkside Church, is the home church of a minister named Alistar Begg, who I have listened to on the radio/podcasts for several years. He is a man from Scotland, and does a great LONG sermon or teaching that I am glad to break up with a podcast. I can't imagine sitting in a pew for as long as one could take.

When we walked in, I was astounded by the size of the lobby. This is the right side. and if you turn your head, this is the rest:
That is a good size flat screen TV in the upper right hand corner. You can see the chairs way back for an idea of scale. Right across from this lobby area is a coffee shop/bookstore.
This is the church. I had to peek. I have never seen such a big church. Admittedly, I don't get around much.

1 comment:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

My goodness, I have never seen one that big either. And never one with a coffee shop in it.