Friday, January 08, 2010

MORE UFO'S

I told you I hadn't found all of them

I found this Norman Rockwell Panel last spring and I thought it would nice if I used a friend's design which is only a center panel, or solid un pieced area, surrounded with a scalloped border.


I got this cheater fabric yardage just to practice my machine quilting.  I think I will use the same scalloped border pattern  to finish it up.

I probably posted this before, but it is an antique quilt top that I want to take apart and re-set.  It is too big, and  some of the white fabric is almost see through.  Some of the blocks are also frayed.

Just a simple 4 patch quilt made with fall theme fabrics


This quilt was started in 2002.  I know this, because it was a free block of the month from a website called Patchwork Planet.  It is called Chaos Harmony.  Some of the pattern section directions were incorrect, and I guess that I just got tired of trying to figure it out.  I did manage to get through 7 of the 12 months though.  I will sit down with my calculator and figure out the blocks before I cut fabric to finish.

What the heck?  I'm  ashamed to show you the state of my sewing room.  How in the heck do I let it get this way?  This is why I continue to find projects, and why I am not doing anything.   But I pulled in a big garbage can, and my project this weekend is weeding through this disaster.

3 comments:

Rian said...

YIKES! How can you create in there! (sorry) All that chaos would sound like an orchestra warming up and I couldn't think straight. But then I do get visual and aural inputs jumbled.

Robin said...

Good luck - mess is always counterproductive to creativity- I should know I'm the Messy Queen-

GerryART said...

Sure slips on a gal, doesn't it.
I've been straightening a bit at a time. With a clear head and keen eye, my room was looking like a burglar tossed the place after finding nothing worth burglaring.
We can get 'em clean and straighten, I know we can.