Friday, February 12, 2010

Hello!  gosh, it seems like I'm never here.  I'm sorry, I will try to find something interesting to share with you.  How about this?  I found a big Rubbermaid box in the basement and I found all of my Aran yarn;
I ordered it from Ireland many years ago to knit a sweater.  I also ordered "oatmeal" and a natural black.  I knitted Aran Sweaters with those yarns, and gave them to my friend's sons.  And by that time, I got the back and one sleeve done for a sweater for myself, and I recently finally frogged it and washed and re-wound all of it. I have enough for a big sweater now.  I just wish it wasn't natural color.

I also have been organizing  things or getting rid of it.  I have taken over the closet in the spare bedroom. My husband put up new trim, but he hasn't hung doors.  Truthfully, I don't care if he does.  I like it just like this.  Besides, the other spare room closet (my sewing room) doesn't have doors, AND it has cable and phone hook ups and outlets.  So I don't look at doors as being a big deal at this point.  Anyway, I wanted a better way to store my yarn so I bought Sterilite modular stacking drawers for the closet.
 
I labeled them ( I love my lablemaker) and there it is.  I like this one because unlike so many of those plastic drawer systems, I think that since this is modular, I can still open the bottom drawers easily even with all of the weight from the top.  I am making the most of that white shelving system and curtain/shower hooks/rings. I have all of my acrylic rulers and stuff hanging there, all of my knitting needles.  I don't have room for all of my batting because a number of my ufos are taking up the top shelf on the right.  My overhead projector and lightbox are on a rolling drawer cart on the right, and my sewing machine roller carts and bags are on the left.  It is nice to just be able to go to one place and know where to look for what I need.  
Well, I am on a computer diet for this weekend.  I have a lot that I want to do.  I will check back in if I actually find something to share!  Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

The closet looks really nice! I'm really happy you were able to get some use out of the extra rooms in the house :-) I don't think doors need to be put on either. I like that yarn from Ireland! I didn't know you've ordered yarn from so far away. I'm sure the sweater you make from it will be gorgeous :-) you can always just make a blanket or something else that you'd like

Robin said...

So dye that aran yarn a yummy color.
I know you can do it!

GerryART said...

Yep, I second that - dye it