Sunday, March 28, 2010

NO PHOTO SUNDAY

It's 46 and rainy here which doesn't do a lot in the cheer department.  So I am in the basement, cleaning out my old sewing area.  So far, I've found HUGE tablets of newsprint paper and tracing paper (18 x 24") They were on top of the filing cabinet where I store all of my batiks.  I don't even know why I had them, but they may come in handy.
I'm finally blocking the shawl that I finished last week, I have a fan on it to dry it so it should be done and ready for photos this evening.  Other than that, nothing much is going on.  Yesterday, I bought a
BLUE IPOD NANO  I have thousands of songs on my pc in itunes that I used with my 30G ipod.  When my daughter gave me the ipod Touch which is only an 8g, I knew that the songs would take most of the memory because I have over 5g of songs.  So I use the touch for the apps.. I LOVE it.  I bought a thirty some dollar rca mp3 player, but none of the songs from itunes will transfer.  Anyway, I got a good deal on a nano, and it has a radio that I can use at the fitness center to tune in the tv sounds.  It is tiny, lightweight, and holds all of the songs on my computer. It even has a pedometer in it. I don't know how accurate it is, but it probably couldn't be any worse than any other digital pedometer I have owned. 

I have done some serious thinking about my blogs lately. Serious thinking about my life and the political climate in our country.  Anyone that has ventured onto my blog knows how I feel about all of it.  It weighs heavily on me.  I have come to the point that I have to actively find things that I feel are positives.  That is why I started the Happiness is post on Friday.  Knowing that on Friday I am going to post positive things, makes me seek them out through the week. 
I have said before that I will no longer post political posts.  I can never keep the promise.  That was back when I thought I could make a difference, change a mind or something.  Now I know that I need to actively work to help myself and my family and everyone else is on their own.  I am not going to try to convince anyone to see the light anymore.  At this point, if they don't get it, they don't have it in them to ever get it. 
Every bad, oppressive government has had people who believe in it.  They are those people.  I will think of myself as the resistance.

I am going to be a positive force for the few readers that come here.  If they have stuck with me this long, there is a good chance that they agree with me, or can see past it.  They know how bad it is, and maybe they need a respite from reality instead of having it thrown at them when they don't expect it.

I hope that your Sunday is sunny wherever you are.

4 comments:

Karen said...

My Sunday is rainy...

...and I love your blog, and almost always agree with your views. Kinda nice to have a name for myself now - the Resistance -

Have a blessed day and read you again soon, I hope.

Karen

dee said...

up the rebels baby!

Rian said...

I think of libs and conservatives as being dyed in the wool. It's a different mindset. A person could no more get me to buy in to the liberal philosophy of tax and spend than the man in the moon.

Everyone is entitled to their views, even us right-wing conservatives.

carrie said...

I follow your blog and have done for quite a while. If you were writing about politics all the time, I wouldn't be reading because I don't live in the US. But the occasional foray into politics doesn't bother me in the least; it's quite interesting to read about how you view your country. I think you achieve a reasonable balance with your posts and they are rarely dull :)