Saturday, July 17, 2010

NO PUPPIES

Any thoughts of getting a puppy came to a decisive end when I wrote a check for over $500.00 to cover the last vet visit for Claire. I had pretty much decided against it anyway. Things have changed since we had puppies. I am working more, there are no kids around, or kids around, but with work schedules that stagger with the rest of us so there is always someone around to help with housebreaking. Not only that, but I don't want another large dog. And if we got a puppy, we started thinking about how much it would cost just to get it off to a good start. I can't seem to ever walk out of the vet's office for less than a hundred dollars. Maybe someday when Sam's gone, I will consider it. I have always had at least one dog. For my entire life I have not just been able to jump in the car and go off for a weekend without a giant hassle of who will take care of the dog. Probably why I have learned to be a homebody.
I figure that I will have grand dogs like Lily to add to the chaos around here.
She will probably will need some therapy after "happily" donning a babushka. 


P.S.  I can't stand spelling errors, I try not to make them.  That's why I have a love/hate relationship with the auto speller/word suggestion on my iPhone. 
I post some of my blogs via my phone.  Like the "Herding Dog" post a couple back.  There is a glaring word error in it that makes absolutely no sense.  Auto word....

2 comments:

Rian said...

I love dogs, they enrich our lives so much, but boy are they expensive and a whole lot of work. And then there's the dog-guilt that you get when you try to have a life of your own. We are into ours $1300 just in July.

Meg said...

She looks soooo cute tho :)