Saturday, August 07, 2010

SATURDAY

I'm working on this shawl.  It is called a Wool Peddler's Shawl from FOLK SHAWLS
Traditionally, the shawl is red, and I may make another in a heavier weight yarn.  It is an easy knit, although not easy enough that you don't have to pay some attention.  It has to end at a specific knit count, which I didn't have when I needed to start the lace section.  So this is my second attempt.  I didn't bother to pull back my mistake, I just started over again. 
I really like knitting shawls.  I always get chilled if my neck or arms are cold, and shawls are a great defense against a cool breeze. Plus, it is calming to knit.  That's why I do it. 

I have also been sorting through fabric and weeding out the fabric that I don't want.  I'll snap a pic later so you can see what I'm up to.

It's a beautiful summer day here, we are putting in our last (actually next to last) Window.  We still have to install a new window in the bathroom.  Just puttering around.  
Hope that your day is good!

No comments: