Tuesday, November 23, 2010

TUESDAY

Hello everyone, I expect many of you are busy getting ready for the Thanksgiving holiday.  For me the day has finally come.  One of my kids is old enough to actually want to cook and have the dinner at her place!!  Ahhh... I remember when I used to be like that.  I'm making Waldorf Salad, and bringing homemade pies.. not made in MY home...or by me.  Now THAT is something to be thankful for.

Went today and got a cortisone injection in my shoulder.  I have a complete tear in one shoulder, and probably a tear in the other after several tumbles over the past few years.  It is worse than the one I know about.  Just don't feel like I want to do surgery right now, so this should help for a while.

I don't watch Dancing with the Stars, do you?  I have looked on You Tube occasionally to see just the dances. I have enjoyed listening to the uproar about Bristol Palin being in the finale.  Here is my take on this. Bristol Palin's only claim to fame is her mother .  Bristol is a teen that, like many others has made some really dumb life choices, getting pregnant in her teens, then letting herself be talked into being put on magazine covers with her loser boyfriend.  I can think of no reason why she would be invited to be on a show that has a bunch of has-been celebrities trying to eek a bit of extra time in the limelight. The Hollywood left hates Sarah Palin.  So the only reason I can see that the girl was asked on the show is that they hoped they could get some viewing mileage humiliating Bristol or her mother.
The whole thought that their plan has come back to bite them in the butt is something that I find hilarious.  Some of my friends and co-workers are beside themselves thinking Bristol might beat the better dancer, Jennifer Gray.   Probably not fair, but I look at it this way.  Here is a teenage girl who has never been in entertainment. Not a dancer.  She's learned a lot considering she has never done anything like this. That takes guts.  If she beats someone who cut her celebrity teeth in a DANCING movie then good for her.  And the fact that it sets a bunch of reality show viewers into a outraged frenzy is just the icing on the cake.

I hope that all of my American readers have a great Thanksgiving. I hope that the rest of you have a great Thursday.  I'm sure that you can also find something to be thankful for.

Later gators!  teri

1 comment:

SandyQuilts said...

Unfortunately Jennifer, the whinner, won. Personally I loved Bristol and was hoping she's win. I also loved Kyle ... he is so much fun to watch.