Monday, December 27, 2010

CONVERTING PHOTOS

I have tons of pre-digital photos. I used to keep the negatives in a safe deposit box. My daughter got me a  PHOTO AND NEGATIVE CONVERTER for Christmas.  I have scanned some photos.   Very easy to do. I put the photo into a frame and slid it into the machine, then pushed a couple of buttons and viola'  scanned my wedding photos. Which are so eighties.
picture 101
They didn't turn out too bad.  They convert at 10 megapixel.  Some of them looked a little blurred.  But I think that is because the focus image was small to begin with.  Another good thing is the brightness and color can be fixed, and you can crop out things (like your mother-in-law) from the photo.  Now, if I can figure out how to do it, I can finally get rid of the baby blue tux my husband insisted on.  The most I can do is this:
picture 101bw
I'm going to dig out the boxes of negatives and see how photos turn out that are scanned from negatives. I know that I have a box of wedding negatives somewhere. And hundreds of baby photos of my kids. It's going to take a lot of time, but it will be worth it.
Not much snow where I live. But I'm trapped, because the counties around me are getting pounded. I hope that all of you are warm and comfortable!
Teri

No comments: