Friday, January 21, 2011

BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT....EVER

Two Christmases ago I planned to give each of my seven friends a bag to tote their travel iron. I bought the insul-bright, cut out all of the pieces, and then got stuck because I couldn't decide on the fabrics that they would like. So, that Christmas went by, then the next... so this year, after all of the pieces sat on my ironing table for all that time, I rolled all of the pieces up, tied them with ribbons and gave them an iron bag "kit". We sew together once a month, so this month, every one brought their fabrics and we made our bags together using a very poorly written pattern. Luckily, we figured out the pattern together.
This is mine. I took the photo with my phone, tomorrow when I actually turn on my computer, I will upload a photo of the bottom that has my name in fabric letters.
Best Christmas present ever? Because I only had to make mine. The only thing that could have made it better is if someone else had made it for me.
iron bag

1 comment:

Robin said...

Great idea Teri! My travel iron is so small I wouldn't need a bag that big, but it cools off quickly when done.