Sunday, March 13, 2011

DRED

I notice that every Sunday at around 7pm I start rushing around the house trying to do things that should have been done at the start of my weekend.  Probably because I know that I have to go back to work tomorrow.
This weekend, I have knitted on my beaded shawl.  And a scarf and "easy" scarf, that I have had to tear back 3 times.  Actually, I am working on two of them.  The first one looks like this


Maybe I posted it earlier.  I think I did. I remember talking about putting the cube on the ends of the needles.  The other one is made out of these colors
It should be easy,  there are only 32 stitches.  The part I have to think about is row 3 and row 4.  Each one makes the ruffle on each side, so one row is made up of 7 rows total that are knit in that one 10 stitch area each side.  I seam to have a problem remembering that 7th row and I don't notice it until farther up.  I started the second scarf today and I have already pulled back past mistakes 4 times.
I'm glad to say that the beaded shawl hasn't posed too many problems so far.  Maybe because I know that I need to pay attention, and I am taking the easy scarf for granted. 

The weekend just isn't long enough.  If the weather ever clears up, I would like to take some time off and relax.  But until our new computer systems are up and running at work, I have to be there.  They have denied new vacation requests until we are up and running well.  Fun stuff.

I hope that you all have a great week, and that the sun shines on you!!

Teri

1 comment:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

The wool yarn colors are pretty. Sometimes the days are not long enough to get everything done here.