Thursday, August 25, 2011

YAY!! TGIF... CLOSE ENOUGH

I didn't think that this day at work would ever end.  I was just dragging!  Yesterday, my friend and I went to shop in Amishland.  We were there all day.  I had so much fun!  My husband and I go frequently, but there is nothing like spending the day with a friend.  We shopped, took our time, went to lunch somewhere new
 I like to call these "girl restaurants"  Lite food and nice atmosphere.
Next trip, we will visit the dry goods store and antique shop tucked behind .
We stopped at a cheese shop that sold cuckoo clocks.  I remembered one that my mother had that my brother brought to her from Germany.  Check this one out
I was huge.  The little clocks in the shop had price tags in the area of $500.00.  This one had a tag on it that said "cost - too much"
It was beautiful, not something that I would want though. 
So, I was gone all day, got home and watched an internet program until around 10, went to bed, couldn't sleep, then a really bad storm came around 11:30, blowing in the window over my head and raining on me.  When I finally got to sleep, my alarm went off at 5 to go to work.  Ugh.  Needless to say I am going to sleep well tonight. 


I've updated my miniature quilt blog HERE'S THE LINK

I've managed to clean out my sewing room.  I have to get going on a quilt that I want to make for my husband for Christmas.  I might start that tomorrow.
I found this in school supplies
I bought one exactly like this with the Omnigrid name on it.  But these come in lots of different colors, and were less than $5.00.
This is nice to put extra tools in, Rotary cutters, pencils, rippers, tools you might use by your machine.  The top portion will fold down and you can just stand it up by where you are sitting. 

I hope to get enough accomplished that I can post again over the weekend.  I hope that you have a good one!!  Teri

No comments: