Wednesday, December 07, 2011

THIS PART IS DONE

I finally managed to fit together all of the pieces and parts.  There is only one obvious mistake ( to me anyway) but this pattern from Fons and Porter goes down in my history as the most mistake ridden pattern of all time.  Even more than Chaos Harmony.
I had to cut 1/2" from the bottom of the cottage block because it was too big to fit against the drill panel.  I see that I will have to rip again and add a strip to the right of the drill panel so that it comes up to the edge of the rest of the quilt.  The tool box block was way too big to fit together with what was next to it, so some of it had to go.  Once I got the top hammer and house section finished, I had to adjust every aspect so that they would fit.
This is supposed to have 3 borders.  A narrow border that fits against the quilt, a Square in square border that's maybe about 3-4" wide, and then a wider outer border with a pieced block in each corner.  I will have to put this off.  His birthday is in July. 

I am having surgery on my Left shoulder soon, and I won't be able to tackle the piecing.  Not exactly sure of what I will or won't be able to do with any part of my arm.  But the aspect of having several weeks off of work and not being able to do anything with my hands is not a pleasant thought for me.

Today, I'm going to sew with my friend, I am going to try to finish up lining my train case, maybe cut the sashing for my teal and brown star quilt.  Really should just stay home because I need to get some things done before the holidays, but I want to do this while I can. 

I hope that all of you are well.  You will probably be hearing more from me since my "mouse" hand will still work. ;)

No comments: