Not much going on here. I have a little more than two weeks to go with this sling, but my arm feels much better than it did, and I am able to lift it a little more. I've been working on some small projects that don't require extensive rotary cutter use.
I have seen a lot of different Dresden Plate ideas on Pinterest. I have never tried this traditional block, so I bought a Dresden Ruler and got to cutting. I started with an open pack of charm squares. It was a line of Moda called "Etchings" I love this line.
I made the one on the right a week ago, and the one on the left today. I guess you could call it an planned scrappy block. I chose 5 charms, one for the center and four for the blades. I cut each of the charms in half and cut six 2.5" blades out of each charm. Then I put four identical sets of four blades together. And then sewed those sets into a ring. I hand appliqued them (using silk thread) onto a 7.5" square of Moda Marble. I need to find more of this, since I only have a small amount of it. Maybe I will just look for similar shades so the whole thing will be "scrappy".
The only reason I got interested at all is because I saw different setting ideas other than the way they have always been done.