Tuesday, September 03, 2019

I'M BACK AND READY TO POST

Hi Everyone!  I know that probably no one read's either of my blogs anymore.  But I needed somewhere to post projects that I could talk about them more than I can on Instagram.  I haven't made a whole lot of things the past few years because I was working full-time and just didn't have the energy to do anything else.  I retired a year ago and I have set aside the knitting for a while to concentrate on clearing out some UFO's.  I have finished a couple of quilt tops this summer, and I have picked up Dear Jane again after a 2-year pause. 

I've decided to start a blog dedicated to Dear Jane Tips and Tricks I will post a link when I get situated with it. 
This is one of the quilt tops that I finished this summer it was made with Swell Christmas fabrics designed for Moda for Urban Chiks.. The pattern is called Jingle Jangle Quilt.  it was fun to make! 

This is a possible layout for this neutral Hexie quilt I am making.  Gave me an excuse to use up a bunch of my neutrals, taupes, greys, word prints.  The possible border was part of a kit that was going to be used for a different quilt, but as time went by, I didn't like the design of that quilt, so I took the kid apart to use fabrics for something else.  This is an ongoing mindless project.  I just wanted something I could easily drag along with me. And Dear Jane is too difficult to be an option. 


The only other thing that I have going on this year is a miniature quilt round robin that I am doing with my friends.  It should finish up in December.  This is my center square, project journal, and tote for the project. 

I have another top that I need to put borders on, and I will post when I have photos.   Until then, I will be posting regularly, but maybe on my Jane blog since that Is my main concentration these days. 
I hope to hear from you if you are still out there. 

No comments: