Sunday, July 17, 2005

Lazy Sunday



I did find the Harry Potter CD at Sam's. It was $25.00 less there than it was at Amazon.com. I have listened to 5 or 6 discs while making row one of my piece I'm really happy with the results so far.

As for lazy Sundays, it is just a day when I catch up with my laundry, and house cleaning in preparation for returning to work tomorrow. My co-worker is going on a couple of days vacation, so it will be a busy week for me.

My husband Bill, and I are meeting my best friend Nancy and her husband John at a restaurant called Quaker Steak and Lube. It is a very cool local restaurant. ( the original is in PA) It almost looks like an old gas station. I guess the original actually was. They have actual cars and motorcycles on the walls, and cars on garage lifts in the middle of the dining area. When John reached his 50's he bought the red Corvette convertible that he has always wanted. So the two of them are in a Vet club that meets at various places to park their cars and do whatever they do. To each his own. I'm sure that neither of them understand why I make 2" quilt blocks for a quilt that you couldn't put on your bed. I get a kick out of saying "Nancy has been my best friend for over forty years" Makes us sound ancient. Actually we have known each other since we were little girls living across the street from each other. We went to school from elementary to high school. We shared an apartment during college years. She got married younger than I did, so her kids are all off and married or living on their own while mine are still here. I longingly look at what will one day be my upstairs studio with windows. Well, back to laundry.

2 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

My husband had a blue 2005 Corvette coup delivered to our house for me Friday night! I drove it over to Micheals on Saturday and now it is raining. You just look at the accelerator & the car is going 55 mph!

Great start on your pineapple piece!

Anonymous said...

These are SO pretty! I look forward to seeing them progress. I love pineapple blocks, but would never have the temerity to try anything that small. Good for you!