Saturday, December 31, 2005

GOODBYE 2005

The New Year holiday is one of my favorites. I feel like I have the opportunity to start to start over, to try to do better. There were many good things that happened this year. I have a happy life. I had many good times with my friends. I had a quilt juried into a couple of shows... it's a start. Really the only bad thing this year was my husband getting sick. But he is feeling much better, and I am ready to start a new year. I do have some goals for the new year. One of them is to save more and spend less. To eat healthier, and exercise more. Bill and I will celebrate our 25th Anniversary this September. I have a goal to read the entire bible this year. I try this every year.. and I read parts, but I have not read through the whole thing yet.
I want to make a special quilt in honor of my life with Bill. I have an idea in mind, but it is going to take some real planning, to pull it off.
The trouble is, it is hard to improve on perfection, and I have the perfect life. Yeah, we could use more money. We may not have everything we want, but we have everything we need. So maybe we do have enough money. I just need to stop comparing myself to others who have more than I ever will. More things, more education, more talent. It really doesn't matter if they have more than me if they aren't contented, and I am. Maybe I am the richer person.

Hey, I managed to go to a New Years sale at a quilt shop with cash and without my credit card, and I came home with money. That's my start of spending less. Now that I am trying to do my own thing in quilting, I have noticed I need less of other people's stuff. So I save money there. Of course, I am a sucker for DVD instruction (Thanks Gabrielle) I bought two DVD's today, both on using fabric ink. I may start using some of my other artistic talents in my quiltmaking.

I hope that all of you have a great year. A year full of good health, happiness, prosperity and contentment. It's been a real pleasure hearing from all of you since I started this blog. I hope to meet more of you in the coming year.

1 comment:

Suze said...

Oh...which DVDs did you get? One of the classes I am taking at Road is on 'inking fabric' - teacher is Lura Schwarz Smith...I can hardly wait!