Tuesday, December 06, 2005

RELIEF

How do you spell relief? I spell it M-A-I-L-E-D. Remember that Teddy Bear Quilt that I made for my Aunt? I finally broke down and invited friends to get together with me to piece the top. Then I got it quilted by someone other than me. Then it sat at least another month while I dragged my heels with the binding. I finally put the last stitch in the binding last night, and mailed it today. But wait... there's more. I had the responsibility to quilt and bind a quilt for an online friend that is undergoing treatment for cancer. I finally got that finished on Sunday.. I also mailed it today. And to top it off, I mailed both priority mail USPS, and it cost $11.50 for both. Can someone please tell me why it cost me so much ($35.00) to mail a wallhanging to PIQF? And now it is going back to Road to California, and they want a check for $27.00 to mail it back? This is bad for someone who doesn't mailorder things because she doesn't like to spend $$ for shipping and handling. Oh well, I'll get over it I guess. Anyway.. I can't even express how relieved that both of these projects are OUT of my sight. I have had the 'bear', as in teddy, on my back for probably 3 years. I said I would make it for my aunt.. I try not to go back on my word, but I am not going to agree to doing anything for anyone for a while. I now have all of this free time to do my own projects, and I don't have to feel any guilt because something else is waiting to be finished... I am so excited!

My next quilt going to a show is my mini Pineapple. It was accepted into NQA (June) there was a P.S. on the letter " Congratulations, you were the first entry". I hope that isn't the only first I ever get... Hopefully, there will be a few more shows to send it to in the meantime. I am learning that some of the larger shows don't have a miniature division. And one show did, but only had a first place prize in the category. I thought that was kind of odd. I would like to have more than one chance to place at least.

I could put it in my guild show next year, but, they just hang the mini's on a wall that is easily accessible to anyone that would want to pull it down and put it in their purse. Don't want to take the chance.

I have "Snooty Guild" tonight.. my pet name for a great guild that I have been in for 2 years, and I don't think one person knows my name because they choose not to talk to new people. But, they are a large guild, and can get nationally known speakers often during the year, so I stick with them because I am taking advantage... Tonight is a lecture with Ami Simms. I hear she is a blast, so I am hoping I will enjoy it. Tomorrow I am taking a workshop on applique with her. I am pretty set in my ways with my applique, but, 3 of my "Twisted Stitcher Sisters" are going, so I am going to just because I want to spend time with them. Who knows, I might learn something new.. Stranger things have happened!!!

No comments: