Tuesday, January 24, 2006

FABRICS FOR MY NEWEST QUILT

These are my fabrics for my newest quilt. I am still in the planning stages. I have the main design planned, and I'm starting that, it is the secondary designs on it that I am still working on. Funny how things just pop in my head and this quilt really wanted to be made when everything fell into place quickly after I started thinking about it. I am constantly inspired by many things. Usually it is a phrase in a book, or a word or a feeling.. weird stuff. Not tactile things, unless words on a page in a book could be considered tactile..

Weird day today. I went to Barnes and Noble and Border's books. Got Excel for Dummies. And I am surely a dummy when it comes to that program. I took an online class in Excel from our local college. I passed it because I took the test after each section. But, I can't remember how to do anything in it. I hardly ever need to use it. I prefer making tables etc in Word. But when I have a work related need, I am completely at a loss. Hopefully, if I have this book, it will at least give me something to use as a reference, something I didn't get with the class.

Anyway, everyone around here is crabby, including me. I tripped on the steps AGAIN. This time outside. Fell against the steps in a "push-up" position smacking my middle on the step. So both arms hurt and my back hurts.. I'm too old for this.. I blame it on the dog.. who I was telling off at the time. At least I am not so old so when I fall, I CAN get up

I am up for a quiet evening.. hopefully my family will give me a break and not talk to me...

Crabbily yours,
Teri

3 comments:

Rian said...

You're lucky you didn't break your elbow.

Can't wait to see what you do with the great gray gradations.

Jen said...

Hope you feel better soon Teri. I will be interested to see what you do with that fabric. Your quilts are wonderful. Jen

Unknown said...

I have fallen 'on my face' and broken my wrist, thumb and arm. Fallen backwards, embarrassed half the neighborhood, and broke an arm. Grew up with the nickname of Grace ... as you can tell why. Point being, please be careful.