Wednesday, January 25, 2006

DARN

My first quilt in competition. It's third show and first (and maybe last) win. So, what do I know.. I get my quilt home today. I open it up.. 2 blue ribbons fall to the floor. Okay.. that's weird. I write on the back of one, and write "second for some reason" on the back of the other. Hang them up in my studio beside my only other ribbon. I was wondering why there were no judges comments. I always learn something from those. There were none. Then I am talking to my friend Gail who also won a prize (bigger than mine, I might add) and she got her ribbon AND a check in with her quilt. I have e-mailed RTC. Some other quilter probably has my check. And I have her ribbon. It's an okay ribbon, but I'd rather have the money. Maybe if it was an extra PADUCAH ribbon...it might be worth it. I hope she doesn't mind that I wrote on the back of her ribbon...

1 comment:

Digitalgran said...

That must have been so disapointing for you Teri. I hope they send you your proper award soon.