Thursday, April 06, 2006

RIDDING MY LIFE OF A POLITICIAN

I decided to delete Cynthia. I don't know why this story has ticked me off from the moment I heard about it. The whole arrogance of it probably. Then every time I see her on TV, dancing around answering a direct question better than any politician/lawyer I have ever seen, just incenses me even more. Then seeing all of these left wing actors and others backing her up immediately. Uh Oh... here I go again. I don't want to get into my political views on my blog. I want it to be a fun thing to read, and nothing about politics is fun anymore. Bunch of crazy self-serving dopes.

Anyway.. on to quilting. Let's talk about marking tools. I got the chance to mark an applique pattern on a piece of my peach hand dye. I don't usually mark the background, but I did for a class that I am taking in Paducah. I used a water soluble graphite pencil that I got in another applique class I took a few months ago. Well, at some point after I traced about half the pattern, I decided not to use this fabric. I put it in water... nothing. Scrubbed it a little... nothing. Threw it in with a load of towels.. and STILL there remains a faint outline. I am so glad that I didn't use it on something important!

Give me a blue washout pen anyday. A nice cold water wash gets out everything. Everytime I hear horror stories about these pens, I try something else, and it never turns out well. I also like the iron off markers. They just don't make them in fine point.

Well, off to work. It was nice talking quilting with you.

No comments: