Tuesday, June 06, 2006

NQA

I am off to the NQA show tomorrow. I am taking 4 classes and I don't have anything packed. I am taking a class with someone, can't remember her name.. Fran I think. Anyway, it is a class she calls Pyrotechnics. It is a traditional farmer's delight block, which has an 8 pointed star in the center, and 3 circular rows of triangles surrounding it. It should be challenging. I will learn to do piece it by machine.. of course. Then I am taking classes with Jane Hall and Dixie Haywood. A lecture on Piecing borders from Jane Hall, Lectures from Jane and Dixie on Pineapples, and then a lecture on quilting design from Dixie. I try not to take classes that I have to drag my machine along. I don't really like sewing in classes. But I want to learn this tecnique, so I have to. All of the Hall and Haywood classes are lectures, and all I need is paper and pencils. I like that.

I love taking lectures from Ricky Timms, because he is so generous with his ideas, and he makes it fun. I took a lecture of different tecniques in 2005, and a lecture on quilting design this year in Paducah. I wish he would have one of his seminars in my area. I checked in to it for my guild, but it requires a LOT of work, and I don't want to be in charge, I want to enjoy it.. so I will bide my time, there has to be someone out there that will book him.

So, since I don't have a laptop, you won't be hearing from me until Saturday night, or Sunday. I am staying to pick up my quilt on Saturday. That makes for a long day, but I have a friend riding back with me. So I should be good.

No comments: