Friday, June 02, 2006

OLD CALENDARS


They were giving away old Quilt Art Calendars at the AQS store this year. Hey, they were free, I took one of each. But now what? Shows something good comes from all of that time I sit blankly at my sewing table un-inspired. I thought "why not cut out some of the pictures and glue them on the border around my room? I think they add a nice touch. In case you are wondering, I have never had a ceiling put in my basement studio. I like being able to hang things from the rafters.
While sitting at my sewing table not sewing, I went through some of the patterns and papers that were there. I came across a Pine Needle pattern and decided to cut the pieces for that. Those are done and waiting for me to set up my lightbox to place them. It's not that I don't have anything to do.. it is that my room is such a mess, I can't work. I don't know what to do with everything. I can't find my conformation letters from NQA for my classes. I hope that I don't need them to get in. Or it is going to be a long 3 days. I know that I got them sometime before Paducah. Maybe I will spend the day with a big garbage can and clear it all out. I have to give up some of my day with Bill. He has to go have a growth of some sort removed. It is about the size and consistency of a marble and it is behind his ear. Considering he is a baby about IV's and stuff, I might have to carry him to the car after he's done this morning. Luckily, there is a Walmart across the street. I will visit that, and then wait in the car. I hate waiting in the doctors office. It is nice and cool out today. I will take a book and relax.
THEN I will tackle my studio...