Friday, June 23, 2006

OLDER THAN DIRT

Today is my birthday. Whoppee!! I have been sucked into knitting again. I don't know what came over me. Just looked too much at all of the others making pretty socks. Here is my present to myself all of this nice Merino hand dye wool -top row, and Superwash wool, bottom row. I got all of this for $46.00 from Knitpicks. I refuse to pay $25.00 or more for a pair of socks, let alone socks that I have to make for myself! These should give me a good start for winter.

I have started my new miniature 'masterpiece' ;) It has 1/2" blocks. I had to chart out color placement, and I am pinning blocks to a board and adjusting the colors as I go along. I hope that it will be as striking as I have planned. I only have 375 blocks to go, and it should finish at around 12-13" square. I will show pics at a future date when I have finished it.

I am going up and take a nap. I have looked forward to it ever since 4:30 AM when I got up to go to work (on my day off, I might add)

2 comments:

Emma said...

Happy Birthday! Gorgeous prezzies you chose for yourself.

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday! And WOW...12" or 13" when FINISHED...you brave, brave woman!! LOL