Saturday, September 16, 2006

YANKEE PEDDLER

It's a week late, but last weekend Bill and i went to Yankee Peddler Festival. We try to go every year. It is fun. We like to look at other people's craftwork. This year I bought a crock to keep butter in, and a iron pot hanger with oakleaves and acorns made out of iron. I use cast iron skillets that have been handed down through my family, and I have always wanted someplace nice to store them. And the man who makes the racks is very talented.
Isn't this a great dragonfly sculpture? I don't know if it was for sale, but I think it would look fabulous in my back yard.


Of course, there was plenty of God's music being played.



There are music artists stationed around the area that sell CD's of their music. This pair played hammered dulcimers.. or harps. You see very unusual instruments here



This is our favorite chicken place. Although since I have started cooking chicken over a wood fire, it doesn't hold as much of a unique quality for me. I love the apple fritters and the funnel cakes myself..

No comments: