Thursday, April 12, 2007

HEY KID, GET A HAIRCUT!!

Today, when I held 2 fingers up in front of Sam's face and asked him to tell me how many fingers I was holding up, he couldn't tell me.. I guess it's time for him to get a haircut!

This is a picture of my unfinished challenge quilt. It is finished now and I won FIRST PLACE in my guild challenge. I just don't have a picture of it finished. I drew up this little cartoon girl because I couldn't choose just ONE book that is my favorite.. I decided to make "me" carrying a stack of books and then I could quilt in the titles of my favorite books. I did that.. didn't get far though . I got it Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, "my precious", the Weasleys, a broom, "I love to read" . Anyway, at some point, I had to stop and take my machine out of the table for the Harriet Hargrave workshop. Then I was back to work, and tired. I knew I had a lot to learn and I felt I had messed it up. I just figured that I would finish it later. Then one night I remembered the most important thing about the workshop. The thing about PRACTICE, and quilting all of my finished tops.. So I sat down at my machine, turned on an evenings worth of shows and finished it. I will get some pictures of the quilting tomorrow. I just wanted you to see that I did finish it!
Here is my friend Kaye's. We had a tie for second place and she was one half of the tie. She made a piece with an image of our Twisted Stitcher group. I LOVE IT. And I voted for it.
The people in my group are just so creative. I would have never thought of this!
Well it's late. I'm going to be helping to put the guild raffle quilt together tomorrow. I'm so glad that I don't have to work!!

4 comments:

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

That is such a great quilt! What fun!

Rian said...

Some doggies just get soooo shaggy! Mine too! But he looks so cute when he comes back from "the cleaners."

Love the library quilt. Great expression on the face.

Debra Dixon said...

Both challenge pieces are really cute!

Ros Ward said...

Love the challenge piece, very interesting blog.
Ros