Tuesday, July 24, 2007

TUESDAY

Hi Everyone,
Just checking in so you know that I am still kicking out here. I didn't even turn on my computer yesterday. Nothing much going on here. I just made raffle tickets for my guilds raffle quilt. I decided to go with a generic ticket with just the name of the guild, and a place for people to write their names. I can get ten on a page like this, and I don't know about you, but I know that I never hang onto the stub with all of the other information anyway. We will get more tickets for less money this way, and we can use them for another quilt. Much less tacky than the little tickets you get on a roll. I need to get the quilt outside and get a photo for prints for the members.

I have to get all of this finished before my co-worker goes on her 3 week vacation. If I survive doing all of the work by myself, I doubt I will want to go out and do this stuff the week I will have free before our September meeting.

I also have to put the challenges I have planned down on paper and plan how much money I will need for prizes. Then there is next year's raffle quilt to work on. But the good thing is, I don't have to work on programs anymore as I am no longer vice president.

I finished a pair of Lime Green socks and I am working on an aqua pair with lots of overlapping cables, and I think I may run out of yarn..that's a first for me. But they were too difficult, and they are too wonderful.. I won't rip them out, I will knit as far as I can on the second sock and then figure something out.

I finished the little bag the next day after sewing through my finger, but spent the weekend finishing "The Deathly Hallows". I went to see the movie again today after I got off of work. I ran into one of my daughter's friends who let me in free.. she is a manager. I liked it much better when I could concentrate. I was in the back row by myself. There were no groups of gum popping constantly talking teenagers sitting around me this time.

I hope that you all have a great week. I talk to you all soon!

No comments: