I actually got some sewing done today. Remember when I made the nylon bag to carry my sock projects in and I sewd through my finger when I was working on it? Well it turned out to be a handy little bag but unfortunately, it doesn't stop the sharp double pointed needles from poking through the side. I had it in my coat pocket, and one of the needles popped through, and went through my coat pocket. Although I couldn't knit on my sock during lunch because I didn't have enough needles, I didn't lose the needle because it was sticking through the hole it made in my coat. I decided then that I would make a new sock bag from the sock monkey fabric that I bought several months ago.
When I first finished, I thought that perhaps I should have made the longer strap.. longer. I made mine 1 1/2 by 12". But, I guess that if I am going to have the bag on my arm and knitting socks with my hands, it probably is just the right length.
The ties were a little tricky. I had to experiment with the width that would fit over my Bow Whip turning tool. I think I finally settled on 1 3/4" by 16".
Anyway, I think it turned out cute. It is big enough to hold one ball of yarn and sock. Just what I needed.