Monday, December 31, 2007

I thought I would show you pictures of a couple of the pillow cases that I made for Christmas. Of course, since I was sewing them together on the evening of the 23rd, I was in such a hurry, I didn't get pictures of all of them.

These pillowcases were for my son. I used black Moda Marble, and a fabric with a print of computer innards. I think these were my favorites of all of them. Yes, I thought of myself, and made myself a snowman pillowcase.. my husband got this Curious George case. He is just a big kid afterall. The second case I made for him had a print of antique police officer signs or newspaper articles.. 

I only bought fabric especially to make cases for one set. It was a bright blue ocean scene with the accent fabric of colorful schools of fish. My other daughter was given a case with roller coasters and a case with a print of smores.. two of her favorite summer things.

I love the beginning of the New year. It always gives me a feeling of starting over. A chance to do 'it' right this time. It is a reminder to celebrate all the things that are good in my world…the people I love, the memories I hold on to. I wish all of you a year that brings good friends, good health, good luck, and good things. Happy 2008

2 comments:

Jeri said...

Nice pillowcases! I need to try making some of those...

Rian said...

Happy New Year to you, too!