Friday, December 21, 2007

Today was a good day. I spent Christmas money on yarn. I bought some Donnegal Tweed in a plum color to make a cabled messenger bag, I bought the only color of Noro Sock yarn that they had. It has dark pinks and purples toward the center. And I bought a couple of Noro Silk to make fingerless gloves. This is the first Noro that I have used. The sock yarn feels pretty scratchy. I hope that it softens up.
These are my Twisted Stitcher friends. We get together once a month to 'sew'. Our group primarily started as a miniature quilt group. But we don't necessarily work on mini's anymore.. Heck, I knitted today because I didn't want to pack up my sewing machine. It's a great group. We have a lot of fun together. The weird thing is, I didn't find out until we had known each other through our guild for a few years, that 4 of us were in high school together, two of us in the same class, and another of the group that wasn't in school with us, is married to a man that was in our class. Small world huh? Our high school class had close to 800 people in it, so it's no wonder I didn't know the others. I think I remember that we were grouped in homerooms according to our last names. My maiden name was further up the alphabet than theirs.

Let's see, what do I have to do this weekend? Make corn heating bags.. and thats about it I guess. I am definately going to try to fit in a couple of movies. I hope that it doesn't snow THIS weekend. White Christmas... blech!

No comments: