Thursday, January 17, 2008

LONE STAR LESSONS

When I was in the class, every diamond I put together I pressed out. I only found out later in the class that you are not supposed to do that. You should just sew them together and avoid pressing until you can pin out and block. That way each diamond will be the same size. It actually makes a difference. The diamonds from the class are slightly bigger than the diamonds I made at home. I may end up making another set of four just so they all are the same size.
This is the layout planner from the book reflected in my mirror. I will use this to plan the layout of the quilt.
This is the blocking sheet. Measured and drawn out onto a piece of Muslin.
Here are 3 of the completed blocked diamonds. It feels good to be sewing again.

3 comments:

Rian said...

I'll bet it does (feel good to be sewing again). It is beautiful, Teri, but kind of scary in my mind.

Debra Dixon said...

Better you than me! Looks like it is going to be a fun piece.

Shelina said...

I have been afraid of trying a Lonestar, and I guess now I know why. I hadn't thought about the pressing and blocking. Maybe I'll have to take a class when I am ready.
Good luck! Yours looks wonderful so far.