Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I credit EMILY for inspiring me to start knitting again. I read her blog and she constantly shows one great piece after another. I think at the time I started knitting again, she was working on socks with hand dyed yarns. I have knitted quite a few pairs of socks since then. Recently she showed these fingerless mitts that she made with yarn that she dyed herself. The book was already on my shelf, but I failed to notice these long gloves, just what I have been looking for. I had a couple hanks of Koigu Yarn so I started a pair. This is a scarf that I started. I thought the knit1, purl1 stitch would drive me crazy, but it has actually not been too bad. It was hard to get a decent picture of the colors, but I will try again when I finish it. It is Noro Kureyon and a solid black, I don't remember the brand. I have seen these scarves made out of 2 colorways of Noro, but I decided just one Noro and black would be a good choice as well. That's about it. One more day of work, and I am off. I can't wait. We should build an ark there has been so much rain. The storm was so close last night, my bed shook and woke me up. That's a big deal because I sleep soundly. But it is not supposed to get out of the teens for the rest of the week. So all of these big puddles will freeze solid, and I am just going to stay in, work on something, and watch some movies!

No comments: