Thursday, May 01, 2008

EVEN MORE

I ran across this tote in a vendors booth. I have this thing for bags, and I thought this would be the perfect thing to tote things in for work. They allowed me to take a picture of their sample bag. I have tons of batiks here, but I have decided that this may be the project that I can finally utilize this fabric:
It is one yard of silkscreened, hand painted and hand stamped cotton fabric that I have been unable to bring myself to cut up. It is the Hoffman fabric that they use for batiks.. that texture. I'm not sure what I will use for contrast. Maybe a black batik print. I would like to find someone to do my initials on their fancy embroidery machine because that is one thing I have never given in and bought. I'm sure I can find someone in my guild that would do it for me.

This is one of several panels I discharged and overdyed a few years ago.. another fabric I haven't used because I don't want to cut it up. I am going to have to think of something to do with them, because they turned out very well.

My weekend is finally here. I have so much sewing to do!

1 comment:

Zegi said...

Hurray for the weekend and cute bags & fabric :)