Monday, October 06, 2008

AGE... A MATTER OF PERSPECTIVE

When I was in high school I joined a church. I was one of the youngest people in the choir. In the choir with me was a woman from Ireland. I remember her as being old, and I liked her very much. I thought about her from time to time, figuring that she has had to have died by now.

Today, I came across her again. She is in her eighties, not dead. I did the math, and I found that she was in her mid forties when I was in the choir with her. I thought it was pretty funny, that she was younger then than I am now. I don't think I'm old, but now I know that there are many out there that must think I am!

2 comments:

Rian said...

At nearly 60 it feels like I've been walking in this world a long, long time and I have begun to get a sense of time running out.

swooze said...

LOL! Hilarious. I hate getting caught in these thoughts myself that someone was ancient to find out that I would now classify myself in the same way.