Wednesday, November 26, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

My Army son-in-law surprised my daughter when he came home early from training out of state, and my soon to be son-in-law Marine surprised my other daughter just now by getting home in time for Thanksgiving. He arrived with a smile, and a big bouquet of flowers. She didn't think he would make it, and although he talked to her all day by cell, he didn't let on that he was driving here. So everyone is happy. This is Army daughter's first holiday away from home, and her boss invited the two of them to come over for dinner tomorrow. I thought that was very thoughtful. Working on an Army base must have shown her that there are a lot of lonely soldiers over the holidays. Jackie said that they got a foot of snow last night. Their temperature is exactly the same as it is here. Luckily, we have been able to avoid all of the snow.

I have a lot to be thankful for. I hope that you all have a great Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Rian said...

Those are truly wonderful surprises and something to be thankful for. Blessings to you and yours. Thank you for your friendship over the years.