I got the first of my sweaters 'done' today. The machine made sweaters are proving to be more difficult for me to deal with, but the sweater that I made is all unraveled. I switched to a shorter center section for my Niddy Noddy that produces around a one yard length for each complete wrap. It is much more manageable.
All of the yarn of what used to be my sweater is now hanging in the basement. The original idea was to put cans in the bottom of the yarns to pull them a little taunt. I found that too much of a balancing act. I thought of my seldom used pattern weights, and my shower curtain rings that I used to hang rulers etc, in my old studio. Viola' works great. I put them on the most crinkly, because I didn't have enough weights for every hank of yarn.