Thursday, March 26, 2009

I started GIRASOLE last night. something to take me away from the boredom of the all white teensy yarn of the other stole. Besides when my daughter mentioned that it might be too warm in July to wear it, I decided that maybe she just wouldn't understand what went into it and she wouldn't know what to do with it. I am going to work on it for myself, but I am not going to do it at lightening speed.
I got the yarn for Girasole from Scotland. It has redish browns and blues, and it is really nice. I was going for a more everyday color and didn't want this shawl to look 'dressy'. I'm getting ready to move over to my circular needle as you can see in the photo, because it is quickly becoming too large for the dpns.
I'm off today, and I should be at the gym. Tomorrow, my husband and I are going to Amishland. It's been a long winter. Then on Saturday, I am going to go to the Sewing and quilt Expo near the airport. Off, and running.
I am going to get dressed soon and get out of here. I hope that you have a good day.

No comments: