Tuesday, May 26, 2009

NATURE GIRL

Everyone who knows me would laugh that I would ever elude to myself as "nature girl". But I wanted to show you my 'garden' with my new camera, I took a photo of a bee in flight..
I have four of these plants growing on....my dog pen. The only place that I knew that I would take care of them. So when I let the dogs out, I weed my plants and feed and water them. I have 4 Clematis, 2 cone flowers and a bee balm. All of them actually survived through the winter. The Clematis survived my weeding attempts, as I pulled them up twice last year, and jammed them back in as soon as I realized they weren't weeds.
So that was the tour of my garden. A big deal if you knew how much I dislike playing in the dirt.
While my friends are all digging and trimming, I'm doing this:
I'm basically done with my shawl. I am knitting on the edge right now. For every 3 live stitches, there is six rows of knitting, so it is taking me a while to get around the over 600 stitches. I figure I'm nearly half way. I was going to say that I would be done by the end of the week, but I have to work the next 2 days. Who knows, maybe if I steal a few minutes from now until then, I will be finished by this time next week. I hope that you have recovered from the holiday weekend. Let me tell you when that alarm went off at 5am, It was sure hard to roll out of bed!

No comments: