Tuesday, July 07, 2009

IN THE NEWS OR NOT IN THE NEWS

Today they buried Michael Jackson. My mother always told me that if I didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. For once, I'm going to take her advice.

Now, just in case you haven't heard SEVEN AMERICAN SOLDIERS KILLED ON MONDAY. TODAY, WE LOST TWO CANADIAN AND ONE BRITISH SOLDIERS It's just too bad that we have to have constant coverage on the news when some celebrity dies from an over indulgent lifestyle, while we can lose young men and women that serve our country, and they are not even mentioned. It's absolutely disgusting. And is just another indication of how far we've deteriorated as a decent culture.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Teri, I couldn't agree with you more. It seems the world has forgotten what this person did and was filed upon for doing. They must have short memories. I also agree about we are losing other precious lives and yet we dote upon this indulgent person. We also lost Farrah Fawcett, and Ed McMahon, but they were barely mentioned. America needs to remember how we became a free nation, it was because of people who fought for our freedom. Not because of people who danced and made vulgar gestures. When will we learn?

dee said...

Hi Teri,
I said something regarding this on another blog and had my a-- handed to me from anonymous bloggers..nothin' new there. Thank you for mentioning this. Seven dead decent Americans apparently doesn't stand up to a drug addicted pedophile for coverage.
You nearly have to watch the BBC for any news about our country these days. We're is being sold out to badly behaved celebrity culture and no one seems to care. I am filled with fear for what comes next. I never imagined a day when Al Sharpton would be the voice of culture...

carrie said...

Hear, Hear