Sunday, July 12, 2009

WEDDING BELL BLUES & KNITTING

Two weeks from today, I will be sitting here blogging about the wedding because it will finally be over. My first daughter's wedding was planned over a 3 week span because her husband was being stationed in AK, and they wanted to get married so she could go with him. Okay, that was a quick 3 week stress. The wedding was actually the nicest and most relaxed I have ever gone to. Now comes the second daughter, who gave me 8 months to plan. I'm thinking, it is going to be a piece of cake compared to the first. All those extra months have done is let it grow beyond anything I would have ever imagined. I know that compared to other people's high priced affairs, this wedding is on the low low end of the scale. There are no wedding planners, unless you count me. Luckily, the grooms mom likes to plan things like this. If I had any sense, I would have told her to go for it.. Thankfully, she is doing the church part, and I am doing the reception.
Last night, I finished up a slide show that will be played before the wedding. The background music will be Sunrise, Sunset with photos of the bride and groom from the time they were children until now. The song makes me cry just thinking about it. Today, I am etching glasses, my sewing table is covered with favors, instead of the outfit that I need to make for myself.
My head is swimming, with what I might have forgotten.

I do have some relaxing stuff to do, I just got the urge to start another Swallowtail Shawl. Tell me what you think is wrong about this;
The shawl is going along quickly, I have already made one, and I have figured out how to minimize the mistakes (markers) But, I'm making this one out of dark brown variegated sock yarn (color; Death by Chocolate). You can see the pattern better in the photo, so I don't know if I can make a point with this. But, what is the worst idea, making a lace pattern with sock yarn, or with variegated yarn? I am vacillating between thinking it will be warm around my neck (or someone else's neck) this winter, to tearing it out and just continuing on one of my other projects. The only thing that stops me is this is going so easily because the yarn is like rope compared to the yarn in my other projects.
Do any of you have opinions on the yarn for a lace project?

Well, I'd love to stay and chat.. but I have to go learn how to tie a wedding dress sash....

1 comment:

Robin said...

How about your dress lady!!!
leave the knitting for later- get busy or get shopping.