Wednesday, September 02, 2009

I KNOW WHEN TO GIVE UP

This was almost a Swallowtail Shawl. I have made one, which I gave to my friend. I have started at least 3 others, but for one reason or another I have ripped them out. I think that mostly it was due to yarn choice. This time I just got disgusted with the pattern. I had made it up to halfway through the first border. I would carefully work the pattern, have the exact right count going across the wrong side, and then on the next row, the count would be off one stitch a repeat. I'm tired of trying to figure it out. I noticed that when I get frustrated, it usually involves 'nupps' and their placement.
So, this is now back to a ball of yarn again, and I am going to make a shawl called AESTLIGHT which was brought to my attention by my friend LAURA
Aestlight is almost all garter stitch, with a easy lace border. I do have some harder lace shawls in the wings, but I just want one that is quick for those cool fall mornings when the wind is flowing down the back of my neck on the walk into work. Brrr...

I go tomorrow to have my other ablation. I can't wait (sarcasm). I love it when they said I might have more 'discomfort' on the 3rd day. Yeah, just in time to go back to work with a solid bruise encompassing half of my thigh from the knee all the way up. If I had known I definitely would have taken advantage of a few of my hundreds of hours of sick time. I still could I guess, but I just don't do that. I only work with one other person, it is a little hard on my conscience to leave her with everything to do by herself. Besides, I'm okay as long as I don't have to move. So now I have a four day weekend, and I won't feel like doing anything that takes walking. Good thing I like to knit.

Quilting content soon....

1 comment:

dee said...

sending you good thoughts for a quick recovery. Hope you feel better soon.