Wednesday, February 03, 2010

STILL HERE

My daughter explained to me that I hadn't updated my blog.  And she is right.  I haven't been doing much but working extra and knitting.  I am off today.  There is extra work, and I shouldn't give up the money opportunity, but I just would like a day off that I can spend time doing some things around the house alone.  I was going to go out to the fitness center to walk, but it snowed last night, and I just don't want to go out to 'enjoy' it.  I might go later and get a big coffee and recharge my McDonalds gift card.  I stop for a coffee on my way to work in the morning.  I always had cash, but my co-worker gave me a gift card, and it is so much easier to use that than it is to dig for change. 
You know that I like signature quilts, right?  I have made several.  My friend was making a quilt with these blocks
I can't tell ya what the other blocks of this quilt look like, but you could fiddle with the color placement and make this into a signature block.  When I made the signature wedding quilt for my daughter and son-in-law,
I used stuff called Do-sew for the circles.  you mark the fabric or the do sew with a template, and then sew around the circle, slit the do sew, and turn inside out, press, and applique down.
I promise to try to drag myself out of this winter funk.  I get home from work.. collapse on the couch.. knit and read my bloglines.. and my news sources ( my momma always said... "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all").  I'm not doing too much else.  I will get back show you that I got my studio cleaned.. almost.

In the meantime, I hope that all of you are getting through the winter.. I'm thinking of everyone in the gloomy, snow ridden areas.  If you can play on the beach, you aren't suffering through winter.. sorry

No comments: