Saturday, March 20, 2010

SOMETHING TO DO

It was a beautiful sunny day, so we drove to Charm.  I went to MILLER'S DRY GOODS .  I bought a couple of patterns.  I have a weakness for bag patterns.  One was for a purse insert.  Had lots of pockets, and is meant to move from purse to purse.  Then I bought a pattern for a wrist bag that holds a couple of diapers, portable wipes and a changing pad.  Nice to have around to use as a gift.  Notions were on sale, and I got a creative grids ruler that has 3 different sizes to round corners on a quilt border. And I got several yards of Michael Miller solid black fabric for a project.
Several years ago I bought (what is now called) a jelly roll of 3" hand dyed strips from STARR FABRICS they always had a booth in Paducah.  I haven't gone the past two years, so you can guess how long I have had these strips.
Anyway, I found them in my clean out and decided to find something to do with them.  I was going to make a pattern that I saw in a thangles package.  Instead, I decided to use the thangles and make spools
It is essentially a nine patch block with 4 hst.  I'm figuring that I can get 2 maybe 3 spools out of each strip.
It's easy, and that is nice.

No comments: