Thursday, May 27, 2010

I spent some time today re- organizing thread.  The third drawer pic didn't turn out but I put smaller spools of bottom line and quilting threads in it.  I got most of my cotton spools in the top drawer of my thread chest.  And I was keeping my silk and small cones in one of those plastic boxes with a handle.  I moved the inserts to a drawer in my sewing table where they are easier to get to.  I don't have tons of thread like some folks, but I have large cones of piecing threads, and I buy thread when I need it for quilting.  I have never been much for stashing threads.  How about you?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Teri, I love thread and have more than my fair share. I have tried to organize it but nothing seems to really work so I keep most of it in one of those plastic drawer thingies from Target. I have alot of spools but many of them are the smaller ones. I like the smaller ones for taking with me if I'm doing handwork, binding, etc. So Fine by Superior thread is great for machine quilting because it doesn't show much...for those of us with less than perfect skills.Kathie

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Your thread cabinet is really nice. I have seen some old ones like that. Thread is hard to organize and then you use some for a project and there it is left over but not enough to use on another project. It piles up quick. Hope that cabinet works well for you.

Buckeye Bev said...

I do love thread. I filled my oak machinist's chest with it. When I was on my year-long "fabric diet" it did not include thread; I still bought my beloved DMC 50 wt., Presencia 50 + 60 wt., and Mettler 60 wt.