Tuesday, May 04, 2010

SURE I DID

Got a surprise today. I went to vote with every intention of leaving
the Republican party to become an Independent only to find out that
last time I had to declare in the presidential election, the lady
switched me to Democrat without my permission. At the time there was a
mixup. In her mind anyway. I don't think she could believe that
someone in my area would actually be a republican. She tried to give
me a Democratic ballot at the time and I wouldn't take it. Today,
another primary, she tried to give me a Democratic ballot again, after
all there WAS a big D behind my name. You would be proud of me. I
didn't pitch a holy hissy fit ( maybe the full weight of being a
Democrat all of this time didn't hit me.) But I am officially
independent. I have 6 months to study the field of political dirtbags
that want to represent themselves for my city, county, and state. I
just got the pleasure of voting against my city or state taking more
power or more of my money. That was satisfying.

3 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

It is getting so they take more and more and waste more and more and we are left holding the billand paying more and more.

Rian said...

As I am moving and changing my voter registration, I have considered becoming Independent. I haven't actually made the switch officially yet.

dee said...

Yay you!